Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps: the Benefits
Have you ever heard of the harmful effects of positive ions? Well, Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps combat those around the clock.
The most dangerous levels of harmful positive ions occur in the polluted, large industrial and heavily populated cities.
Exhaust fumes from cars, trucks, and buses; factory smoke, cigarette smoke, dust and soot, electromagnetic pollution, and overall atmospheric pollution caused by air and sea crafts are no match for Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps.
All of this pollution combines to create a mixture of Harmful Positive Ions, and reduces the proportion of beneficial negative ions in our surroundings.
This gradually affects our lungs, can ruin our health and cause general lethargy and depression.
References for Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps Benefits
For those not yet fully persuaded on the Benefits of Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps, there are some useful references directly below, or visit this web page:
Baron, R. Effects of negative ions on cognitive performance.
Journal of Applied Psychology 72:131-137, 1987.
Charry, J. Biological effects of small air ions: a review of findings and methods.
Environmental Research 34:351-389, 1984.
Hawkins, L. The influence of air ions, temperature and humidity on subjective well-being and comfort. Journal of Environmental Psychology 1:279-292, 1981.
Jackson, J. et al. Influence of serotonin on the immune response.
Immunology 54:505-512, 1985.
Kotaka, S. Effects of air ions on microorganisms and other biological materials.
CRC Critical Reviews in Microbiology: 6:109-149,1978.
Krueger, A & E. Reed. Biological impact of small air ions.
Science 193:1209-1213, 1976.
Sulman, F. The effect of air ionisation electric fields, atmospherics and other electric phenomena on man and animals.
Springfield, IL: C.C. Thomas, 1980.
Health Benefits: Your Himalayan Lamps do it Naturally
Negative Ions give the air its invigorating freshness and reduce the number of airborne bacteria, which is so beneficial to us.
Although negative ion theory is by no means mainstream, many health practitioners in Europe, North America, Australia and Japan use the Salt Crystal Lamps extensively in their recommended treatments.
These treatments include but are not limited to helping in allergies, neuralgia, hypertension, respiratory problems, rheumatism, kidney or liver conditions & hormonal imbalance, sinus, migraine headaches, and blood system diseases.
Furthermore, Natural Himalayan Salt Lamps have been recorded to reduce the asthma attacks, enhance the immune system, increase alertness, increase work productivity, increase lung capacity, reduce susceptibility to colds and flu, and for color therapy.
Himalayan Salt crystal lamps
These Himalayan Lamps help breath more comfortably to the people suffering with Asthma, Respiratory problem and Chronic Bronchitis.
Salt crystal lamps boost the number of negative ions in the room. Excessive negative ions are essential for high energy and positive mood.
Bioenergetics vibrations improve the energy level and strengthen one’s nervous system, harmonize the function of sexual glands, and even help to promote sexual energy.
What About Himalayan Salt Lamps and Speleotherapy?
What is Speleotherapy? Speleotherapy (Greek σπήλαιον spḗlaion “cave”) is a proposed respiratory therapy involving breathing inside a cave.
A 2001 Cochrane summary concluded that as no trials had been done, there is no evidence to determine whether breathing air inside a cave is useful in treating asthma.
There are claims of improvements in the breathing of miners in Roman and medieval times. Modern use of this therapy started in Germany by Karl Hermann Spannagel.
That’s why people suffering from chronic congestive problems go to clinics located in salt mines for treatment. It is called Speleotherapy.
The very dry, negative ion-rich environment of these salt mines helps to clear out the patients’ bronchial tubes and sinuses, and to kill bacteria and other microbes.
Others, including many from the USA, swim/float in the salt and mineral rich Dead Sea in Israel.
For health benefits, Negative Ionizers are well recognized in many countries.
Most ionizers in the market are man-made machines, while the Salt Crystal Lamps are a beautiful, less costly, maintenance free, and 100% natural alternative to improve air quality.
Places To Use Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
Breathing pure clean air not only keeps us alive, but also motivates us to achieve better, sleep more soundly, and live more healthily.
Our salt crystal lamps are 100% Natural air ionizers, and are best recommended to be used on the following locations:
- Salt crystal lamps are highly suitable for daily use in the whole house. A Salt Crystal Lamp in your vicinity will help your well-being and keep the air around you healthy, clean, naturally ionized, and energetic.
Best recommended in bed rooms, in living rooms, in dining rooms, in the hall way, in meditation rooms, near televisions, near computers and around smokers.
2. Parents, place a comforting Salt Crystal Lamp by your child’s bedside.
It is a completely safe and lovely night light, and will enhance your child’s sound sleep, keeping the atmosphere clean and healthy.
3. A lamp at work can help improve your concentration and refresh you, minimizing the effects of fatigue, stress, artificial lights, artificial air environment, and radiation from office equipment particularly your computer monitor.
4. Doctors and Dentists, A Salt Crystal Lamp glowing in your consulting or treating room assists the healing process and adds to a calming environment.
5. Salt lamp is a beautiful convalescent. While you recover from an illness, a lamp by your bedside will be a comforting and healthful companion.
6. A lamp or two in the massage room will remarkably enhance and create natural concentration, a feeling of well-being, a pleasant environment and will also keep the air fresh.
7. A few lamps around smoky areas will clear away those lingering smells faster. Highly suitable for coffee shops, bars, pubs, cabarets, casinos and nightclubs, where the cigarette smoke regularly deteriorates the air quality by absorbing a lot of negative ions from the room, thus making the air unhealthy.
A few salt lamps will add significant number of negative ions in the vicinity to make the atmosphere pleasant, harmonious, and healthy.
8. A few lamps used in a health club, Gym or any indoor sports room, will enhance the quality of the fresh air, comforting gymnasts to breathe in much healthy atmosphere while exercising.
Salt crystal lamps are also used in color therapy, i.e. chromo therapy. Their soothing light helps neurotic persons and people suffering from insomnia.
Well, our salt crystal lamps can be used anywhere you want to restore or maintain the natural air quality, to create a cozy, relaxing atmosphere and pleasant environment or to enjoy the beauty of Nature.
The natural salt crystal lamp is a beautiful effective air ionizer, works without any noise and NO harmful OZONE!
Taking Care of your Himalayan Natural Salt Lamp
Salt has hygroscopic properties, which means that it draws water from the surrounding atmosphere.
Salt Crystal Lamps should therefore never be sprinkled with water.
Keep in a dry environment at all times.
Lamp should not be placed outdoors.
Sometimes, in particularly moist or humid conditions, the lamp surface may be slightly damp to the touch. Lighting it for a few hours dries it very quickly.
It is recommended that you keep your lamp turned on every day for the best air purifying results, and you can leave your lamp on for as long as possible.
This will not only maintain a constant negative ionizing process, but also repel excess moisture build up around the lamp.
If you plan not to use the lamp for longer periods of time, just cover the lamp with a plastic bag as prevention from humid conditions.
To remove dust, use only a damp (not soaking wet) cotton cloth or sponge.
- Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps : Benefits of Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Crafted Salt Lamps : Best Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Natural Salt Candles : Best Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Crafted Salt Candles : Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Crafted Bowl Lamps : Pros and Cons of Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Salt Oil Burners : Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Animal Salt Lamps : Pros and Cons of Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Bath Salt Chunks : Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Bath Salt Soap : Top Rated Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Massage Salt Stones : Best Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Salt Tiles and Bricks : Top Rated Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Table Salt Grinded : Pros and Cons of Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Industrial Salt Grinded : Top Rated Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Black Natural Salt : Pros and Cons of Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps
- Animal Salt Licks : Benefits of Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps